A reuse programme for insulated shipping boxes allows organisations to both contribute to global sustainability efforts and keep their supply chain costs as low as possible. Unfortunately, thermal testing reveals that all insulation – regardless of type – degrades with handling over time, causing the performance of insulated shippers to decline. Ensuring the integrity and performance of the shipper and insulation requires accurate testing.
When customers participate in CSafe’s reuse programme, our highly-qualified team inspects, cleans and thermally re-qualifies the insulation and shippers to guarantee thermal integrity prior to reuse. CSafe reuse customers can repeatedly use their insulated shipping boxes with total confidence that they will perform just like new.
- Simple to use refurbishment programme leverages global network of CSafe reclamation centres
- Comprehensive re-testing performed on return packaging to guarantee to original pre-use specifications
- Fully managed end-to-end solution, removing burden for our customers
- Integrated location for return label on the shipper to make reverse logistics seamless
- Packaging used in the programme is easily identified for return and reuse
- Training and educational support is available for sales, customer service, manufacturing, operations and shipping personnel
- Reduces unnecessary landfill waste and is an efficient, effective and environmentally responsible packaging programme
How will the reuse programme affect my staff and end users?
Every step of the way, CSafe makes it easy for your staff, logistics teams and end users to participate in the reuse programme.
- For your staff: We help implement the programme by providing all required qualification reports, work instructions, materials and training.
- For your logistics team: CSafe Parcel solutions are designed to offer unparalleled simplicity and ease of use. This improves inbound and outbound logistics as well as efficiency within your operations.
- For your end users: Your destination sites will no longer need to dispose of the packaging – they simply leave the box for pick up using the return label applied – saving end users both time and money.
How does the programme work?
First, a CSafe dedicated reuse team will work with you to complete the following:
- Identifying the shipping solution (size, temperature ranges, durations and payload volumes)
- Understanding your logistics partners and network
- Mapping out a distribution network that makes sense for you and your end users
- Generating a pricing model specific to your distribution network
- Educating your supply chain from operation to recipients of packages
Additionally, CSafe will provide tools to help your staff, logistics team and end users to successfully set-up a reuse programme specific to your distribution network with:
- Analysis of current distribution process
- Work instructions
- On-site training
What are the implementation options?
CSafe offers two implementation options for our reuse programme:
- Retest and Reuse only – Customers can purchase a new shipper and enrol in the reuse programme where they will return the shippers to CSafe’s facility to process.
- Pay-per-use – A lease programme that provides customers with a dedicated shipper to be reused. Service fees for reuse and refrigerants included.