End-to-end temperature control to eliminate excursions
The CSafe RKN delivers precise temperature management from 4°C to 25°C, offering superior temperature mapping, operational efficiency, and battery life compared with competing active solutions—ensuring precise temperature control without excursions.
The CSafe RKN offers unparalleled precision control and temperature assurance with intelligent programming, patented ThermoCor® Vacuum-Insulated Panels (VIP) technology, and long-lasting battery life of more than 130 hours. With a novel radiant heating and compressor-driven cooling system, the CSafe RKN autonomously recirculates conditioned air throughout the cargo chamber to fully encapsulate payloads and provide optimal protection from the temperature risks of long-duration shipments in extreme ambient conditions. Its innovative Temperature Management System (TMS) provides sophisticated data tracking that continuously verifies payload temperatures in transit and offers a detailed data readout that can be conveniently downloaded via USB.
Backed by a worldwide service and support network, the CSafe RKN delivers on CSafe’s promise of exceptional quality and is available with a variety of flexible leasing options.
- Product information
- Operational specifications
- Product downloads
- Extended battery run time of >130 hours for typical shipments
- Broad operating range maintaining payload temperature in extreme ambient temperatures (–30°C to +49°C)
- Superior passive holdover time with best-in-class ThermoCor® VIP insulation technology
- Advanced Temperature Management System (TMS) for autonomous control of innovative heating and compressor-driven cooling systems
- Active system regulation eliminates need for dry ice and associated handling and Hazmat surcharges
- Payload volume: 2.0 m3 (70 ft3)
- Internal dimensions (L × W × H): 1,219 mm × 1,273 mm × 1,278 mm (48.0 in × 50.1 in × 50.3 in)
- External dimensions (L × W × H): 1,962 mm × 1,505 mm × 1,614 mm (77.3 in × 59.3 in × 63.6 in)
- Tare weight: 646 kg (1,425 lb)
- Maximum payload weight: 941 kg (2,075 lb)
- Maximum allowable weight: 1,588 kg (3,500 lb)
- Power sources
- AC power (100-240 V, 50-60 Hz)
- Internal batteries (regulatory-approved, sealed, nonspillable design that meets Dangerous Goods Regulations)
- Rechargeable anywhere in the world with included multisystem charging cables
- Rapid battery charging, from 0% to 100% in 4 to 6 hours
- Run time >130 hours for typical shipments
- Free, downloadable data file available via integrated USB port, allowing for immediate access to shipment data
- Ambient operating range of −30°C to +49°C
- ±2°C tolerance band for set point
- Suitable for use on all wide-body aircraft, with regulatory approval for use on both lower and upper decks
- Forkliftable base with flat bottom for roller conveyor transport and aircraft loading
- Large cargo chamber designed to easily manage 1 standard US or Euro pallet in any orientation
You might also be interested in…
Leveraging the proven innovations of the CSafe RKN, the CSafe RAP is the latest innovation in active temperature-controlled containers— delivering best-in-class payload protection for large-volume shipments.
Learn more about CSafe RAP