A reuse program for insulated shipping boxes allows organizations to both contribute to global sustainability efforts and keep their supply chain costs as low as possible. Unfortunately, thermal testing reveals that all insulation—regardless of type—degrades with handling over time, causing the performance of insulated shippers to decline. Ensuring the integrity and performance of the shipper and insulation requires accurate testing.
When customers participate in CSafe’s reuse program, our highly-qualified team inspects, cleans and thermally requalifies the insulation and shippers to guarantee thermal integrity prior to reuse. CSafe reuse customers can repeatedly use their insulated shipping boxes with total confidence that they will perform just like new.
- Simple to use refurbishment program leverages global network of CSafe reclamation centers
- Comprehensive retesting performed on return packaging to guarantee to original pre-use specifications
- Fully managed end-to-end solution, removing burden for our customers
- Integrated location for return label on the shipper to make reverse logistics seamless
- Packaging used in the program is easily identified for return and reuse
- Training and educational support is available for sales, customer service, manufacturing, operations and shipping personnel
- Reduces unnecessary landfill waste and is an efficient, effective, and environmentally responsible packaging program
How will the reuse program affect my staff and end users?
Every step of the way, CSafe makes it easy for your staff, logistics teams, and end users to participate in the reuse program.
- For your staff: We help implement the program by providing all required qualification reports, work instructions, materials, and training.
- For your logistics team: CSafe Parcel solutions are designed to offer unparalleled simplicity and ease of use. This improves inbound and outbound logistics as well as efficiency within your operations.
For your end users: Your destination sites will no longer need to dispose of the packaging—they simply leave the box for pickup using the return label applied—saving end users both time and money.
How does the program work?
First, a CSafe dedicated reuse team will work with you to complete the following:
- Identifying the shipping solution (size, temperature ranges, durations and payload volumes)
- Understanding your logistics partners and network
- Mapping out a distribution network that makes sense for you and your end users
- Generating a pricing model specific to your distribution network
- Educating your supply chain from operation to recipients of packages
Additionally, CSafe will provide tools to help your staff, logistics team and end users to successfully set-up a reuse program specific to your distribution network with:
- Analysis of current distribution process
- Work instructions
- Onsite training
What are the implementation options?
CSafe offers two implementation options for our reuse program:
- Reuse and Retest only – Customers can purchase a new shipper and enroll in the reuse program where they will return the shippers to CSafe’s facility to process.
- Pay-per-use – A lease program that provides customers with a dedicated shipper to be reused. Service fees for reuse and refrigerants included.